- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Insurance building's renovation part of Coalter family's commitment to region (12/15/17)3
- Three-vehicle wreck ends up with parked car crashing through business wall (12/16/17)3
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
Pepper spray prompts evacuation
MIAMI -- A Miami International Airport concourse was evacuated for three hours Wednesday after a pepper spray can discharged, causing 43 people to suffer respiratory distress.
The can disguised as a cigarette lighter was found near the second-floor security checkpoint in Concourse B, which serves international flights, a fire department spokesman said.
Officials were certain pepper spray was the irritant, airport spokeswoman Alicia Diaz said.