- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Pepper spray prompts evacuation
MIAMI -- A Miami International Airport concourse was evacuated for three hours Wednesday after a pepper spray can discharged, causing 43 people to suffer respiratory distress.
The can disguised as a cigarette lighter was found near the second-floor security checkpoint in Concourse B, which serves international flights, a fire department spokesman said.
Officials were certain pepper spray was the irritant, airport spokeswoman Alicia Diaz said.