- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Club news 8/21/02
American Legion Auxiliary
Members of American Legion Auxiliary went on a field trip Aug. 14 to St. Mary's Antique Mall and had lunch at the Family Inn.
Myrna Powers announced the legion will hold a service at Freedom Corner to commemorate Sept. 11.
It was reported that Powers, Iola Amelunke, Caryn Michel and Barbara Yallaly attended the state convention in Columbia.
Yallaly will host the Sept. 11 meeting.
Margie E. Reisenbichler presided at the August luncheon meeting held at Golden Gate in Jackson.
Dues were collected and a review given of the following events: planning meeting Aug. 27 for district FCE meeting in October, council meeting Aug. 29 at extension office in Jackson, MAFCE conference in Columbia Sept. 4-6, and planning for leader training Sept. 23.
Following the meeting, the group toured the Archives Building in Jackson.
Nell Kieninger will be hostess for the Sept. 12 meeting and will give the program.
New Salem UMW
Dorothy Hahs was hostess for the recent meeting of New Salem UMW. Roll call was each showing a school picture of herself.
Roberta Seabaugh gave each member a mission ribbon and read a letter from a missionary in the Philippines.
It was reported that a fourth of the pledge money will be sent to the Children's Connection in Kansas City and another one fourth to the Children's Home in St. Louis.
Plans were made to have a cleanup day in the church basement, and to have a basket supper at the September meeting at the home of Seabaugh.
The program on "Celebrating A New Life" was given by Hahs.
A poem was read by Shirley Grebe.