- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)3
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)62
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
Ten-year-old California girl found safe in Nevada
RENO, Nev. -- A 10-year-old girl who disappeared Tuesday from her home in central California was found safe in Nevada with a family friend who used to baby-sit her, authorities said. The man with her was arrested.
"The child is fine," Nevada Trooper Pat McGill said. "She appeared to be in very good health."
Nichole Timmons had last been seen when her mother put her to bed Monday night, according to police in Riverside, Calif. She was reported missing Tuesday morning.
The girl was found with the family friend, Glenn Park, after the man's truck was stopped on U.S. 95 near Hawthorne -- about 130 miles southeast of Reno, authorities said. Park, 68, was taken to the Mineral County Jail in Hawthorne, McGill said.