- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Ten-year-old California girl found safe in Nevada
RENO, Nev. -- A 10-year-old girl who disappeared Tuesday from her home in central California was found safe in Nevada with a family friend who used to baby-sit her, authorities said. The man with her was arrested.
"The child is fine," Nevada Trooper Pat McGill said. "She appeared to be in very good health."
Nichole Timmons had last been seen when her mother put her to bed Monday night, according to police in Riverside, Calif. She was reported missing Tuesday morning.
The girl was found with the family friend, Glenn Park, after the man's truck was stopped on U.S. 95 near Hawthorne -- about 130 miles southeast of Reno, authorities said. Park, 68, was taken to the Mineral County Jail in Hawthorne, McGill said.