- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Ten-year-old California girl found safe in Nevada
RENO, Nev. -- A 10-year-old girl who disappeared Tuesday from her home in central California was found safe in Nevada with a family friend who used to baby-sit her, authorities said. The man with her was arrested.
"The child is fine," Nevada Trooper Pat McGill said. "She appeared to be in very good health."
Nichole Timmons had last been seen when her mother put her to bed Monday night, according to police in Riverside, Calif. She was reported missing Tuesday morning.
The girl was found with the family friend, Glenn Park, after the man's truck was stopped on U.S. 95 near Hawthorne -- about 130 miles southeast of Reno, authorities said. Park, 68, was taken to the Mineral County Jail in Hawthorne, McGill said.