- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Ten-year-old California girl found safe in Nevada
RENO, Nev. -- A 10-year-old girl who disappeared Tuesday from her home in central California was found safe in Nevada with a family friend who used to baby-sit her, authorities said. The man with her was arrested.
"The child is fine," Nevada Trooper Pat McGill said. "She appeared to be in very good health."
Nichole Timmons had last been seen when her mother put her to bed Monday night, according to police in Riverside, Calif. She was reported missing Tuesday morning.
The girl was found with the family friend, Glenn Park, after the man's truck was stopped on U.S. 95 near Hawthorne -- about 130 miles southeast of Reno, authorities said. Park, 68, was taken to the Mineral County Jail in Hawthorne, McGill said.