- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)21
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Ten-year-old California girl found safe in Nevada
RENO, Nev. -- A 10-year-old girl who disappeared Tuesday from her home in central California was found safe in Nevada with a family friend who used to baby-sit her, authorities said. The man with her was arrested.
"The child is fine," Nevada Trooper Pat McGill said. "She appeared to be in very good health."
Nichole Timmons had last been seen when her mother put her to bed Monday night, according to police in Riverside, Calif. She was reported missing Tuesday morning.
The girl was found with the family friend, Glenn Park, after the man's truck was stopped on U.S. 95 near Hawthorne -- about 130 miles southeast of Reno, authorities said. Park, 68, was taken to the Mineral County Jail in Hawthorne, McGill said.