- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Mollie Ellen Davis, 89, died Monday, Aug. 19, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 22, 1913, in Red Town, Ill. She first married William Burton, who preceded her in death. She later married Robert Davis, who also preceded her in death.
Survivors include seven sons, Robert Burton of Hodges Park, Ill., William Burton of Jackson, Tenn., Jacob Burton of Mounds, Ill., Ronald Burton of Cape Girardeau, Tony Burton of Jaco City, Ill., Paul Burton of Olive Branch, Ill., David Burton of Tamms, Ill.; five daughters, Ruth Ashworth and Viola Sisco of Unity, Tenn., Edna Rambeau of Gorham, Ill., Lela Davis of Alto Pass, Ill., Cora Davis of Anna, Ill.; a sister, Thelma Johnson of DuQuoin, Ill.; 62 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five sons.
Friends may call at Hileman and Parr Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Graveside service will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Fayville Cemetery near Olive Branch.