- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
da Matta back in top form
ELKHART LAKE, Wis. -- Cristiano da Matta returned to form Sunday, ending a three-race slump with a victory in the Motorola 220.
The CART series leader won for the first time on the scenic 4-mile road course at Road America, earning his sixth win in 12 starts this season and the 10th of his career.
It wasn't a dominant victory, like some the Brazilian driver has had this season. Paul Tracy actually led the most laps (24) in the race, which was extended this year from 55 to 60 laps, and pole-winner Bruno Junqueira and Alex Tagliani both were contenders to the end.
Tagliani wound up second, finishing 0.805-seconds -- about six car-lengths -- behind da Matta.
Rubens Barrichello edged teammate Michael Schumacher to win the Hungarian Grand Prix, and their 1-2 finish allowed Ferrari to clinch the Formula One team title with four races left in the season.
Schumacher already had assured himself of a record-tying fifth driver's championship. By finishing 0.4 seconds behind Barrichello, he just missed becoming the first to win 10 races in a year.
--From wire reports