- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Mabel C. Hack, 90, of Cairo died Saturday, Aug. 17, 2002, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo.
She was born July 9, 1912, in Eden, Ky., daughter of Lawrence and Essie Beck Taylor. She was married to Clifton C. Simpson, who preceded her death, and then to Ezra Hack, who also preceded her in death.
She was a member of the First Southern Baptist Church of Cairo.
Survivors include: three sons, Eugene R. Simpson and Earl Dean Simpson of Cairo and Glendon T. Simpson of Boulder City, Colo.; a brother, Hubert Wade Taylor of LeRoy, Ill.; a sister, Pauline Vance of LeRoy; 24 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and several great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at the First Southern Baptist Church.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church with the Rev. Ronald E. Simpson officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill.
Barkett Funeral Home of Cairo is in charge of arrangements.