- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CAIRO, Ill. -- Mabel C. Hack, 90, of Cairo died Saturday, Aug. 17, 2002, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo.
She was born July 9, 1912, in Eden, Ky., daughter of Lawrence and Essie Beck Taylor. She was married to Clifton C. Simpson, who preceded her death, and then to Ezra Hack, who also preceded her in death.
She was a member of the First Southern Baptist Church of Cairo.
Survivors include: three sons, Eugene R. Simpson and Earl Dean Simpson of Cairo and Glendon T. Simpson of Boulder City, Colo.; a brother, Hubert Wade Taylor of LeRoy, Ill.; a sister, Pauline Vance of LeRoy; 24 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; and several great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at the First Southern Baptist Church.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the church with the Rev. Ronald E. Simpson officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill.
Barkett Funeral Home of Cairo is in charge of arrangements.