- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- James Edward Honey, 65, of Anna died Saturday, Aug. 17, 2002, at Memorial Hospital in Carbondale, Ill.
He was born June 20, 1937, in Anna, son of Edward and Beulah Eastman Honey.
He was a member of the First Baptist Church of Anna, the American Radio Relay League and president of the Shawnee Amateur Radio Association. He was retired systems manager for Wildlife Material Inc. of Carbondale and had served a brief time as civil defense director for Union County. He was a U.S. Army veteran, serving from 1959 to 1962.
Survivors include a sister, Gayle Page of Tuscola, Ill., and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Crain Funeral Home in Anna and on Tuesday until funeral time.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tim Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.