- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Clemens Fritz Hester, 84, of Chaffee died Friday, Aug. 16, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 19, 1918, at Delta, Mo., son of Rossell and Sarah Ellen Barker Hester.
Hester retired as a night watchman at Florsheim Shoe Co. in Chaffee. He was a member of VFW Post 3127 and American Legion Post 389.
He served in the U.S. Army Air Corps during World War II.
Survivors include a brother, Bobby Hester, and a sister, Lillian Hester, both of Chaffee.
He was preceded in death by three sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 5 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Dan Baggett officiating. Burial will be in Kenyon Cemetery at Delta, Mo.