- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- Claude Carroll Collier, 69, of Jackson, formerly of Mississippi County, died at 11:33 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 15, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 6, 1932, in Mt. Vernon, Ill., son of Esco and Corona Glaus Collier. He and Linda Kellett were married May 27, 1955.
Collier lived in Mississippi County most of his life, moving to Jackson in 1980. He had been employed as a salesman until his retirement, and recently began working with Clark Construction Co. in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Shady Acres Church of Christ in Sikeston, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Kevin Collier of Dexter, Mo.; two daughters, Jill Collier Burton of Charleston, Mo., Jennifer Collier Hipp of St. Louis County; two sisters, Patricia Ann Seib of Poplar Bluff, Mo., Willa Jean Mattix of Houston, Texas; six grandchildren, Laura Grace Burton, Nathaniel Jamieson Burton, Evan Joseph Burton, all of Charleston, Andrew Lee Collier of Dexter, Emily Lauren Hipp and Ashley Taylor Hipp of St. Louis County.
An infant brother preceded him in death.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston.
Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with Pat Hogan, minister of Shady Acres Church of Christ in Sikeston, officiating. Interment will be in IOOF Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Christopher Collier, Matthew Collier, Patrick Collier, Leslie Collier, Freeman Collier, Keith Seib, Jim Alford and Keith Mattix.
Honorary pallbearers will be Larry Miller, Jamie Gilmore, James Warren, Albert Peters Jr., Don Robertson, Ralph D. Schreiner, Terry Stockman and Richard Gage.
Memorial contributions may be made to Children's Homes Inc., 5515 Old Walcott Road, Paragould, Ark., 72458, or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn., 38105-1905.