- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Healing class offered at Christ Espiscopal
Christ Episcopal Church will begin a new service of communion and healing each Wednesday. The service will be at 5:30 p.m.
The church will hold a course, "The Healing Ministry of Christ" that is open to the public. Topics include embracing vulnerability and confessing our sins, good news, embracing healing and intercession, and extending healings through the faith community.
For information, call 335-2997.
Westminster Church plans for Bible school
Westminster Presbyterian Church will hold vacation Bible school from 6:30 to 9 p.m. through Thursday. Classes are available for children starting at age 2. Activities include crafts, skits, games, music and lessons. A mission collection will be taken each night and the money will be used to help with the Heifer Project International. For information, call the church office at 334-4344.
Tennessee pastor visits area congregation
Marvin Stalnaker, pastor of West Harpeth Grace Church in Franklin, Tenn., will speak during services at 7 p.m. today and again at 10 a.m. Sunday at Sovereign Grace Church on Old Cape Road in Jackson, Mo.
Zion Lutheran plans kettle beef supper
Zion Lutheran Church in Gordonville, Mo., will hold a kettle-cooked beef and chicken and dumplings supper Aug. 25. Serving will be from 3:30 to 7 p.m. at the church. Tickets are $6.50 for adults and $3.50 for children 6 to 12.
McKendree men's club to serve barbecue meal
The men's club of New McKendree United Methodist Church will host its barbecue meal during Homecomer's in Jackson, Mo.
The church will serve the meal from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday and Aug. 24. Tickets are $7 at the door or $6 if purchased in advance. For tickets, call the church at 243-8487.
Hanover Lutheran Church gets ready for blood drive
Hanover Lutheran Church will hold a blood drive from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday in the family room at the church.
Lutheran chapel to be site for special service
The Lutheran Chapel of Hope will host a special worship service at 11 a.m. Sunday for university students. The Rev. David Dissen will speak. Students and their families are invited to a meal following the service.
Students affiliated with the chapel who are returning for the semester will have a pizza party at 6 p.m. Monday.
All students are invited to a movie night at 7 p.m. Friday.
Each Wednesday the chapel hosts a noon Bible study and lunch is provided.
-- From staff reports