- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Schilling wins race to 20, lifts Arizona past Cubs
CHICAGO -- Curt Schilling became the season's first 20-game winner Friday afternoon, coming a Sammy Sosa homer from a shutout as the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Chicago Cubs 2-1. The victory extended Arizona's winning streak to seven games.
Schilling (20-4) scattered six hits over 8 2-3 innings.
Brewers 10, Pirates 3
PITTSBURGH -- Jose Hernandez hit a three-run homer and Milwaukee handed Pittsburgh its season-high seventh straight loss.
Marlins 4, Giants 2
MIAMI -- Michael Tejera pitched out of jams by pitching around Barry Bonds three times, and Florida beat San Francisco.
Dodgers 3, Mets 2
NEW YORK -- Marquis Grissom hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning and the Los Angeles sent New York to its ninth straight home loss.
Reds 9, Astros 3
CINCINNATI -- Austin Kearns hit his first homer in two months and Barry Larkin emerged from a slump by driving in three runs, leading the Cincinnati over Houston.
Braves 4, Rockies 1
ATLANTA -- Chipper Jones showed no signs of a trying day, hitting a mammoth two-run homer that carried Atlanta.
Expos 11, Padres 6
MONTREAL -- Pinch-hitter Matt Cepicky's first career home run sparked a four-run seventh inning, and Montreal beat San Diego despite losing All-Star Vladimir Guerrero to a shoulder injury.
Twins 5, Red Sox 0
MINNEAPOLIS-- Joe Mays pitched a two-hitter as the Minnesota Twins snapped Pedro Martinez's scoreless streak.
Rangers 6, Blue Jays 5
ARLINGTON, Texas -- Alex Rodriguez hit his 39th homer with one out in the bottom of the ninth inning to give Texas the victory.
Tigers 6, Orioles 5
BALTIMORE -- Randall Simon homered and drove in three runs, and Detroit overcame three home runs by Baltimore.
Royals 6, Devil Rays 5
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Raul Ibanez hit a two-run homer with two outs in the ninth inning as Kansas City rallied to beat Tampa Bay.
-- From wire reports