- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
GLEN ALLEN, Mo. -- Myra J. Allen, 86, of Glen Allen died Thursday, Aug. 15, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 26, 1916, at Marble Hill, Mo., daughter of Jake and Ebbie Simmeran Wells.
Allen had been a librarian at Harvard, Ill., Library. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Parma, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Andrew Allen of Loveland, Colo., William Allen of St. Louis; three daughters, Rita Winchester of Glen Allen, Charlotte Pedersen and Anita Dare of St. Louis; 16 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, three brothers, and a sister.
A private memorial service will be held at a later date.
Liley Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.