- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
FAIRDEALING, Mo. -- August A. "Gus" Blumenberg, 73, of Fairdealing died Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2002, at Three Rivers Healthcare-North Campus in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He was born May 17, 1929, in Anniston, Mo., son of Louis and Ella Eggiman Blumenberg. He and Lula Mae Kirk Armour were married May 12, 1985.
Blumenberg was a resident of Butler County most of his life. He worked at General Motors in St. Louis before retiring in 1980, and then was a real estate broker in Wright City and Warrenton, Mo.
After moving to Butler County, he owned Rainbow Realty and Blumenberg Land Co. He was a member of Oglesville General Baptist Church.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Charley Blumenberg of Dexter, Mo., Alvin Blumenberg of House Springs, Mo.; a daughter, Sidona Reed of St. Louis; six stepchildren, Beverly Richardson of Troy, Mo., Andy Trantham of Wright City, Karen Welch of Fairdealing, Bobby Armour of Poplar Bluff, Steve Armour of Swartz Creek, Mich., Kevin Armour of Fenton, Mo.; two brothers, Roy Blumenberg of East Prairie, Mo., Wesly Blumenberg of Cape Girardeau; 12 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, his parents, four brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call after 6 p.m. today at White-Sanders Funeral Home in Fisk, Mo.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Gene Riddle and Doug Richmond officiating. Burial will be in Woodlawn Cemetery at Poplar Bluff.