- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Rev. Della Russell
KLONDIKE, Ill. -- The Rev. Della Mae Russell, 86, of Klondike died Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2002, at Daystar Care Center in Cairo, Ill.
She was born Feb. 28, 1916, in Alexander County, Ill. She married Archie "Dick" Russell, who died in 1964.
Russell was founder and pastor of Community Chapel Church in Urbandale, Ill. She and her husband also owned and operated Russell's Service Station in Klondike many years.
Survivors include nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by a son.
Friends may call at Community Chapel Church after 10 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Kelly Cox officiating. Burial will be in Spencer Heights Cemetery at Mounds, Ill.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of arrangements.