- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- Funeral service for James "Jay" Atchison of Jacksboro, Texas, will be held at 11 a.m. today at McGee Chapel in Glen Allen, Mo. The Rev. Charles Newell will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Liley Funeral Home at Marble Hill, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.
Atchison, 74, died Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2002, at his home.
He was born Oct. 28, 1927, in Jackson, son of Troy and Lena Simmons Atchison.
Atchison was a retired repairman.
Survivors include two sons, James and Timmy Atchison of Jacksboro; a daughter, Peggy Casey of Jacksboro; three brothers, Gene Atchison of Glen Allen, Eldon and Elijah Atchison of Marble Hill; four sisters, Mary Seabaugh and Lovella Brinkman of Marble Hill, Naomi Ayres of Ashland, Ky., Doris Harris of Piedmont, Mo.; and five grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a daughter, and a sister.