- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Janet Ida Stoffle, 50, of Harlan, Ky., died Monday, Aug. 12, 2002, at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
She was born Jan. 6, 1952, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Wilbert H. and Ida Pohlmann Ruesler. She and Frank Stoffle were married Feb. 21, 1976, in Jackson, Mo.
Stoffle was a 1969 graduate of Jackson High School, and a 1973 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. She was a teacher several years and then was a teacher's aide. She was a member of Harlan Mennonite Fellowship Church in Harlan.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Audrey Stoffle of the home; two sons, Jeffrey and Jacob Stoffle of the home; her mother of Jackson; three sisters, Marilyn Ferkel of St. Louis, Charlotte Blumenschein of Marysville, Ohio, Sharon Laxton of Scott City, Mo.; and a brother, Wayne Ruesler of Sikeston, Mo.
She was preceded in death by her father.
A celebration of life service will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday at Harlan United Methodist Church in Harlan.
No calling hours will be observed.
Contributions in Janet's memory may be made to M.D. Anderson Lymphoma Department in care of COAP (Frank Stoffle), P.O. Box 1617, Harlan, Ky., 40831 or to the Janet Stoffle Fund, c/o Bank of Harlan, P.O. Box 919, Harlan, Ky., 40831.
Mannasmith Funeral Home in Marysville is in charge of arrangements.