- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
KELSO, Mo. -- Funeral Mass for Martha C. Robert of Kelso will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Augustine Catholic Church. Msgr. Richard Rolwing will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 6, with the rosary to be recited at 6:15 by Knights of Columbus Council 1111 of Cape Girardeau.
Robert, 98, died Tuesday, Aug. 13, 2002, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 22, 1903, at New Hamburg, Mo., daughter of Louis and Martha Kilhafner Westrich. She and Nicholas Henry Robert were married May 3, 1927, at New Hamburg. He died Aug. 16, 1973.
Robert was a member of St. Augustine Church and its St. Ann's Ladies Sodality and Quilting Club.
Survivors include a son, Melvin Robert of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Martha Hamm of Benton, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, three brothers, and six sisters.