- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
POLICE - Cape Thursday, Aug. 15
Thursday, Aug. 15The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
Arrests Chad T. Bard, 19, of 1218 Good Hope, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of indecent exposure.
Thefts A red 1992 Honda four-wheeler was reported stolen Tuesday at 603 Timon Way.
A purse and contents were reported stolen Tuesday at Middle and Broadway.
Eyeglass frames were reported stolen from Wal-Mart at 3439 William.
A purse and contents were reported stolen Tuesday at 1701 Lacey.
A license plate was reported stolen Wednesday at 40 S. Sprigg.
Robbery A robbery was reported Tuesday at the Schnuck's parking lot. A man who had just used the automated teller machine said he was pushed to the ground and his wallet was stolen.
Property Damage A vehicle was reported damaged Tuesday at the 3200 block of Themis.
A vehicle was reported damaged Tuesday at 1423 N. Missouri.
Windows, doors and walls were reported damaged Tuesday at 1214 Broadway.
A sign was reported painted over Wednesday at 1749 Independence.
Miscellaneous A two-car accident was reported Tuesday at 626 Sycamore. Driver No. 1 left the scene.
A parked U.S. Army truck was struck Tuesday at 1307 Broadway. Melisa D. Anderson, of 125 S. Bast, left the scene and was later issued a summons for no proof of insurance.
A three-car accident was reported Tuesday at Mount Auburn and Beavercreek.
A two-car accident was reported Tuesday at William and Frederick. Sherry L. Lorenzana, of Route 1, Box 94, Tamms, Ill., was issued a summons for failure to yield and no proof of insurance.
A two-car accident was reported Tuesday at Interstate 55 and Route K.
A two-car accident was reported Tuesday at 3439 William.
A two-car accident was reported Wednesday at Big Bend and Timon Way.
A two-car accident was reported Wednesday at 1701 Lacey.
Five instances of forgery were reported Wednesday at Wal-Mart at 3429 William.
A cell phone was reported lost Wednesday at William and Sheridan.
Forgery was reported Wednesday at K's Merchandise at 371 S. Broadview.