- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
New Colorado wildfire prompts evacuations
GOLDEN, Colo. -- A fast-moving fire broke out early Wednesday in the foothills west of Denver, forcing some residents to flee their homes in an upscale area. A firefighting plane on its way to the blaze was damaged when it veered off a runway while taking off.
Authorities suspected a passing train sparked the fires, which had burned about 100 acres by midday. It was 70 percent contained by Wednesday afternoon.
No injuries were reported and no structures had been damaged, said Jefferson County sheriff's spokesman Jim Shires.