- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
New Colorado wildfire prompts evacuations
GOLDEN, Colo. -- A fast-moving fire broke out early Wednesday in the foothills west of Denver, forcing some residents to flee their homes in an upscale area. A firefighting plane on its way to the blaze was damaged when it veered off a runway while taking off.
Authorities suspected a passing train sparked the fires, which had burned about 100 acres by midday. It was 70 percent contained by Wednesday afternoon.
No injuries were reported and no structures had been damaged, said Jefferson County sheriff's spokesman Jim Shires.