- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
New Colorado wildfire prompts evacuations
GOLDEN, Colo. -- A fast-moving fire broke out early Wednesday in the foothills west of Denver, forcing some residents to flee their homes in an upscale area. A firefighting plane on its way to the blaze was damaged when it veered off a runway while taking off.
Authorities suspected a passing train sparked the fires, which had burned about 100 acres by midday. It was 70 percent contained by Wednesday afternoon.
No injuries were reported and no structures had been damaged, said Jefferson County sheriff's spokesman Jim Shires.