- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
New Colorado wildfire prompts evacuations
GOLDEN, Colo. -- A fast-moving fire broke out early Wednesday in the foothills west of Denver, forcing some residents to flee their homes in an upscale area. A firefighting plane on its way to the blaze was damaged when it veered off a runway while taking off.
Authorities suspected a passing train sparked the fires, which had burned about 100 acres by midday. It was 70 percent contained by Wednesday afternoon.
No injuries were reported and no structures had been damaged, said Jefferson County sheriff's spokesman Jim Shires.