- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Major Case Squad seeks woman in connection with homicide investigation (7/26/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Cape homicide victim identified (7/21/17)
- Painted-rock hunts catch fire in Cape area (7/20/17)
Abducted Texas baby found safe, woman arrested
ABILENE, Texas -- The month-old infant who was snatched from her family's minivan in a Wal-Mart parking lot was found safe Wednesday over 100 miles away. Authorities said they arrested a female suspect.
"It's an answer to a lot of prayers that she was found and she's safe," police Sgt. Kim Vickers said of Nancy Crystal Chavez.
Police said Paula Lynn Roach, 24, was being held on a charge of aggravated kidnapping.
The girl and Roach were in a car pulled over near Quanah, 125 miles north of Abilene. Vickers said a reunion was planned for Wednesday.
Nancy was abducted Tuesday while her mother returned a cart in the parking lot.
Vickers said authorities believe Roach was alone in the car and watching the child's mother.
The abduction prompted Texas' first statewide Amber Alert, a system used in more than 40 places nationwide to track missing children by transmitting information quickly to television and radio stations.