- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Missing girl shows up in clinic
MissingLos Angeles girl found at clinic
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES -- Almost two days after her disappearance triggered a citywide search, 4-year-old Jessica Cortez walked into a Los Angeles clinic and was quickly reunited with her parents.
The head of the clinic where she appeared described her as barefoot, disheveled and confused, but said she did not bear any visible signs of injury.
Police arrested a woman who walked with her into the clinic but offered few details about what role she may have had in the child's disappearance.
News that Jessica was alive was greeted with cheers of relief in the Echo Park district of the city, where the search by hundreds of officers, divers and FBI agents was directed.