- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Missing girl shows up in clinic
MissingLos Angeles girl found at clinic
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES -- Almost two days after her disappearance triggered a citywide search, 4-year-old Jessica Cortez walked into a Los Angeles clinic and was quickly reunited with her parents.
The head of the clinic where she appeared described her as barefoot, disheveled and confused, but said she did not bear any visible signs of injury.
Police arrested a woman who walked with her into the clinic but offered few details about what role she may have had in the child's disappearance.
News that Jessica was alive was greeted with cheers of relief in the Echo Park district of the city, where the search by hundreds of officers, divers and FBI agents was directed.