- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Missing girl shows up in clinic
MissingLos Angeles girl found at clinic
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES -- Almost two days after her disappearance triggered a citywide search, 4-year-old Jessica Cortez walked into a Los Angeles clinic and was quickly reunited with her parents.
The head of the clinic where she appeared described her as barefoot, disheveled and confused, but said she did not bear any visible signs of injury.
Police arrested a woman who walked with her into the clinic but offered few details about what role she may have had in the child's disappearance.
News that Jessica was alive was greeted with cheers of relief in the Echo Park district of the city, where the search by hundreds of officers, divers and FBI agents was directed.