- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)13
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Missing girl shows up in clinic
MissingLos Angeles girl found at clinic
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES -- Almost two days after her disappearance triggered a citywide search, 4-year-old Jessica Cortez walked into a Los Angeles clinic and was quickly reunited with her parents.
The head of the clinic where she appeared described her as barefoot, disheveled and confused, but said she did not bear any visible signs of injury.
Police arrested a woman who walked with her into the clinic but offered few details about what role she may have had in the child's disappearance.
News that Jessica was alive was greeted with cheers of relief in the Echo Park district of the city, where the search by hundreds of officers, divers and FBI agents was directed.