- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
AOL may have improperly recognized some revenues
NEW YORK -- AOL Time Warner Inc. acknowledged Wednesday that it may have improperly recognized revenues from three transactions at its America Online unit, whose accounting practices are being scrutinized by federal regulators.
AOL Time Warner said in a statement that the transactions in question totaled approximately $49 million occurring over a period of a year and a half. The company said it was still examining those and other transactions at AOL and has not yet made a determination on if they were accounted for properly.
AOL Time Warner's finances have been called into question after a series of articles appeared in The Washington Post last month detailing unusual techniques the AOL division used for accounting for revenues.