- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
AOL may have improperly recognized some revenues
NEW YORK -- AOL Time Warner Inc. acknowledged Wednesday that it may have improperly recognized revenues from three transactions at its America Online unit, whose accounting practices are being scrutinized by federal regulators.
AOL Time Warner said in a statement that the transactions in question totaled approximately $49 million occurring over a period of a year and a half. The company said it was still examining those and other transactions at AOL and has not yet made a determination on if they were accounted for properly.
AOL Time Warner's finances have been called into question after a series of articles appeared in The Washington Post last month detailing unusual techniques the AOL division used for accounting for revenues.