- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
AOL may have improperly recognized some revenues
NEW YORK -- AOL Time Warner Inc. acknowledged Wednesday that it may have improperly recognized revenues from three transactions at its America Online unit, whose accounting practices are being scrutinized by federal regulators.
AOL Time Warner said in a statement that the transactions in question totaled approximately $49 million occurring over a period of a year and a half. The company said it was still examining those and other transactions at AOL and has not yet made a determination on if they were accounted for properly.
AOL Time Warner's finances have been called into question after a series of articles appeared in The Washington Post last month detailing unusual techniques the AOL division used for accounting for revenues.