- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Clorcie G. Brewer, 96, of Perryville died Monday, Aug. 12, 2002, at Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Feb. 16, 1906, in Perry County, daughter of Anton and Rose Valleroy Wingerter. She and Edgar Thomas Brewer were married Sept. 22, 1925, at Perryville. He died Oct. 30, 1975.
Brewer was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Daughters of Isabella and Ladies Sodality.
Survivors include two daughters, Dolores Buchheit and Wanda Berkbigler of Perryville; a son, Earl Brewer of Perryville; 23 grandchildren; and 42 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a granddaughter, and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Thursday and from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Friday. The parish wake will be at 6 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Revs. Joe Williams and Francis Agnew officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.