- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Reginald Miles Evans, 70, of Phoenix, Ariz., died Monday, Aug. 12, 2002, at the Veterans Administration Medical Center in Phoenix.
He was born Feb. 21, 1932, in Vanduser, Mo., son of Richard Miles and Helen Elizabeth Jennings Evans. He and Alice Bartles were married Oct. 30, 1954, in Cape Girardeau.
Evans was a self-employed salvage dealer.
A veteran of the Korean War, he served in the U.S. Army from Dec. 7, 1952, to Jan. 4, 1956. He also served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include two sons, Steven Evans of Jackson, Michael Evans of Benton, Mo.; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday.
Graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Lorimier Cemetery, with military rites conducted by Missouri National Guard and VFW Post 3838.