- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Larry H. Owens, 61, of East Prairie died Saturday, Aug. 10, 2002, at his residence.
He was born March 22, 1941, near Diehlstadt, Mo., son of Charlie M. and Altha Marie Smith Owens. He was a retired riverboat captain and had been employed by Midland Company for over 34 years.
Survivors include his wife, Mary E. Knight Owens of East Prairie; a son, Craig Owens of East Prairie; a stepson, Aaron Barnhill of Ellsinore, Mo.; two stepdaughters, Jo Saulter of DeSoto, Mo., and Dawn Dick of East Prairie.
Also surviving are a brother, Denny Owens of Benton, Mo.; three sisters, Wilma Jean Bradham of Benton, Mo., Alma Ruth Ashcraft of Jackson, Mo., and Margie Smithson of Owasso, Okla.; two grandchildren; 12 stepgrandchildren; and five stepgreat-grandchildren.
Friends may call after 6 p.m. today at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie.
Funeral will be at 3 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Bro. Aubrey Wilson officiating. Burial will be in East Prairie Memorial Park Cemetery.