- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
DEXTER, Mo. -- Chester B. Branum, 78, of Dexter died Friday, Aug. 9, 2002, at the Beverly Health and Rehabilitation Center in Dexter.
He was born May 26, 1924, at Hornersville, Mo., son of Thomas Jefferson and Alice Hastings Branum. He and Thelma Menley McNeeley were married May 1, 1988, at Dexter.
Branum was a member of the Sugar Tree General Baptist Church and a former custodian at Dexter Senior High School. He was also a veteran of the Navy, having served in World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Jerry and Deryl Branum, both of Dexter; two brothers, Charles and Tommy Branum, both of Kennett, Mo.; two stepdaughters; three grandchildren; and four stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at the Rainey-Mathis Funeral Home in Dexter from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Joe Ogelvie and Everett Hessling officiating. Burial will be in Dexter Cemetery.