- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- John Louis McClain, 75, of Chaffee died Friday, Aug. 9, 2002, at his home.
He was born Sept. 13, 1926, at Hartzell, Mo., son of William Monroe and Floy Mae Devore. He and Dortha Mae Gremar were married Jan. 1, 1949.
McClain retired from construction work at Wilhelmi Brothers Construction in Joliet, Ill., and was employed 20 years as a machine operator at Sports Specialty Shoe Co. in Chaffee. He was a member of United Pentecostal Church in Advance, Mo.
He served in the U.S. Army.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Michael McClain of Onarga, Ill., Mark McClain of Bradley, Ill., Jeffrey McClain of St. Peters, Mo.; two daughters, Janice Felderhoff of Coram, N.Y., Deanna Duncan of Cartersville, Ga.; 17 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by six brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 10:30 a.m. Monday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Lee Cook officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery near Arbor, Mo.