- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mary Margaret "Boots" Staley, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Aug. 9, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 28, 1918, at Caruthersville, Mo., daughter of Scott and Mary Coleman Ferrell. She and George I. Staley were married Oct. 16, 1937, in Perryville, Mo. He died Aug. 10, 1990.
Mrs. Staley was a member of First Baptist Church. She was a member of St. Francis Medical Center Auxiliary and had volunteered 20,000 hours since 1965.
Survivors include a son, Tom Michael Staley of Benton, Ky.; three grandchildren, Caleb Scott Staley and Casey Ann Staley of Benton, Cristy Lynn Bebej of Aurora, Ill.; and a great-grandson, Brett Riley Bebej of Aurora.
She was preceded in death by a son, Jerry Lee Staley in December 1994.
There is no visitation.
A memorial service will be held at 4 p.m. Sunday at First Baptist Church. The Rev. Jay White will officiate. Private burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Francis Medical Center Foundation.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.