- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
GRAND CHAIN, Ill. -- Marie Ulrich Little, 85, of Grand Chain died Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2002, at the Southgate Health Care Center in Metropolis, Ill.
She was born Aug. 13, 1916, near Olmsted, Ill., the daughter of Alex and Regina Schoenborn Ulrich. She married Burrell Little. He preceded her in death.
She was employed by the Mabel Lader's Income Tax Service of Grand Chain and by the Vaughn Dennis Garage.
She is survived by a daughter, Patricia Ellis of Newport, Ore.; a son, Burrell Little Jr. of Anna, Ill.; two sisters, Helen Gore of Paducah, Ky., and Rosemary O'Keefe of Vienna, Ill.; two brothers, Dr. Eugene Ulrich of Grand Chain and Dr. Clarence Ulrich of Dongola, Ill.; four grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
She also was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Friday at the Wilson Funeral Home in Karnak, Ill.
Services will be at 11:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home with Msgr. Bill McGhee officiating.
Burial will be at St. Catherine's Cemetery at Grand Chain.