- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
NEW WELLS, Mo. -- Naomi Koch, 75, of New Wells died Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 19, 1927, at Farrar, Mo., daughter of Rudolf and Louise Wiebrecht Lorenz. She and Melvin E. Koch were married June 29, 1947. He died Aug. 13, 1992.
Koch worked on the family farm, retiring in 1993. She also made and sold cheese in New Wells and Cape Girardeau. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church and sang in the choir.
Survivors include a son, Kenny Koch of Altenburg, Mo.; two sisters, Carol Haertling of New Wells, Brenda Borgfield of Altenburg; a granddaughter; and two stepgrandsons.
She was preceded in death by her parents and an infant brother.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and after 9 a.m. Friday at Immanuel Church.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Ronald C. Paseur officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.