- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dorothy Lucille Scholz, 81, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Aug. 5, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Jan. 5, 1921, at Whitewater, Mo., daughter of Bernard S. and Hester Proffer Eakins. She and Marvin E. "Gene" Scholz were married March 5, 1938. He died Oct. 31, 2001.
Scholz was a longtime resident of Whitewater and lifelong member of Bethlehem General Baptist Church. She had lived in Cape Girardeau since 1997.
Survivors include two daughters, Shirley Gregory of Cape Girardeau, Cathy Campbell of Las Vegas, Nev.; a brother, Doyle Eakins of Whitewater; five sisters, Deltha Crader and Della Abernathy of Jackson, Mo., Delma Stroder of Marion, Ill., Deanna Friedrich of Oak Ridge, Mo., Darlene Eakins of Whitewater; 11 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and 10 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, brother and a grandson.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Bethlehem Church, with the Revs. Joe Allen and J.D. Hargraves officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.