- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
REYNOLDSVILLE, Ill. -- Helen Irene Johnson, 88, of East Alton, Ill., died Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2002, at Alton Memorial Hospital.
She was born March 25, 1914, in Reynoldsville, daughter of John and Belle Myrtle Phillips Burris. She and Milton F. Johnson were married July 28, 1934, in Anna, Ill. He died Nov. 1, 1971.
Johnson retired as manager at Siebold's Bakery in East Alton. She attended First General Baptist Church in Rosewood Heights, Ill.
Survivors include a daughter, Catherine Hale of Brighton, Ill.; a son, Milton Johnson of Dorsey, Ill.; five grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and nine great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, four sisters and a brother.
Friends may call at Marks Mortuary in Wood River, Ill., from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the mortuary, with the Rev. Dan Smith officiating. Burial will be in Rose Lawn Memory Gardens in Bethalto, Ill.