- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Alfred L. White, 42, of Lansing, Mich., died Monday, July 29, 2002, at Bixby Hospital in Adrian, Mich.
He was born Dec. 2, 1959, in Sikeston, son of Johnny and Pearlie Mae White.
White was a 1978 graduate of Sikeston High School. He was a former member of Smith Chapel United Methodist Church.
He served in the U.S. Navy.
Survivors include three sons, Antonio Parr of Chicago, Jordon White and Alfred White Jr. of Lansing; two daughters, Jacinta White and Ulrica Ford of Lansing; his mother of Sikeston; three brothers, Johnny White Jr., Tyrone and Joseph White of Sikeston; eight sisters, Shirley Coleman, Pauline Lewis, Sandra Smith, Shelby Jones, all of Sikeston, Johnnie Humphrey and Pearl Shoats of Chicago, Earline and Lora Brown of Denver, Colo.; and a grandson.
Friends may call at Smith Chapel Church after noon Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Revs. Betty Ware and Byron Jordon officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.
Williams-Farr and Purnell Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.