- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Sybil Bonds, 65, of Bourbonnais, Ill., died Monday, Aug. 5, 2002, at her home.
She was born June 24, 1937, in New Madrid County, Mo., daughter of Louis P. and Exia Taylor Dolan. She and Jimmie Bonds were married in 1959. He died in February 1981.
Bonds formerly worked at Zip Pack in Manteno, Ill., and at Wal-Mart. She was a member of the Church of God in Manteno.,
She was a graduate of Chaffee High School.
Survivors include two sons, Jeff and Keith Bonds of Bourbonnais; a daughter, Kathy Stephenson of Bourbonnais; her mother of Missouri; a sister, Christine Clark of Granite City, Ill.; a brother, Dennis Dolan of Jefferson County, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and two great-grandsons.
She was preceded in death by her father, a daughter, a brother and a grandson.
Friends may call at Clancy-Gernon Funeral Home in Bourbonnais from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. David Hanners officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Gardens at Kankakee, Ill.