- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Military digest 08/05/02
Kipper graduates U.S. Naval Academy
Ens. Rory M. Kipper, son of Bonnie L. and Paul M. Kipper of Cape Girardeau, recently graduated from the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, Md. He was commissioned to his current rank in the U.S. Navy.
Kipper graduated with a bachelor of science in chemistry.
In the summer, midshipmen continue their preparation by serving aboard ships and at shore stations around the world.
Kipper is a 1998 graduate of Cape Central High School.
Perryville man promoted to corporal in Marines
Marine Corps Cpl. Derek M. Adelman, son of Susanne G. and Vincent R. Adelman of Perryville, Mo., recently was promoted to his current rank while serving with Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Unit 1, Marine Aircraft Group 13, 3rd Marine Aircraft Wing, Twenty nine Palms, Calif.
Adelman was promoted based on sustained superior job performance and proficiency in his designated specialty.
Adelman is a 1999 graduate of Perryville High School and joined the Marine Corps in September 1999.
Cape native graduates from nuclear power school
Machinist Mate Third Class Bruce Dirden graduated from Naval Nuclear Power School in Charleston, S.C., on July 19. Dirden will continue his nuclear power training at Charleston.
Dirden is the son of Joe and Linda Dirden. He is a 2001 graduate of Central High School and enlisted in the U.S. Navy in July 2001.
-- From staff reports