- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Shooting leaves five dead, one wounded
DALLAS -- Five people, including a mother and her two young daughters, were shot to death Sunday night at a Dallas residence. One person was wounded.
Police said they took the woman's husband into custody for questioning and recovered a semiautomatic handgun.
"I've talked to some of the neighbors that live out here who heard the shots. They said it was like a string of fireworks going off," Dallas police homicide Sgt. Gary Kirkpatrick said outside the home.
Kirkpatrick identified the dead as the man's wife, their two daughters, her father and a woman in her 20s. Kirkpatrick wasn't sure of the relationship between the two women. He said a woman who was wounded appeared to be a sister.