- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Shooting leaves five dead, one wounded
DALLAS -- Five people, including a mother and her two young daughters, were shot to death Sunday night at a Dallas residence. One person was wounded.
Police said they took the woman's husband into custody for questioning and recovered a semiautomatic handgun.
"I've talked to some of the neighbors that live out here who heard the shots. They said it was like a string of fireworks going off," Dallas police homicide Sgt. Gary Kirkpatrick said outside the home.
Kirkpatrick identified the dead as the man's wife, their two daughters, her father and a woman in her 20s. Kirkpatrick wasn't sure of the relationship between the two women. He said a woman who was wounded appeared to be a sister.