- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)1
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Shooting leaves five dead, one wounded
DALLAS -- Five people, including a mother and her two young daughters, were shot to death Sunday night at a Dallas residence. One person was wounded.
Police said they took the woman's husband into custody for questioning and recovered a semiautomatic handgun.
"I've talked to some of the neighbors that live out here who heard the shots. They said it was like a string of fireworks going off," Dallas police homicide Sgt. Gary Kirkpatrick said outside the home.
Kirkpatrick identified the dead as the man's wife, their two daughters, her father and a woman in her 20s. Kirkpatrick wasn't sure of the relationship between the two women. He said a woman who was wounded appeared to be a sister.