- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Shooting leaves five dead, one wounded
DALLAS -- Five people, including a mother and her two young daughters, were shot to death Sunday night at a Dallas residence. One person was wounded.
Police said they took the woman's husband into custody for questioning and recovered a semiautomatic handgun.
"I've talked to some of the neighbors that live out here who heard the shots. They said it was like a string of fireworks going off," Dallas police homicide Sgt. Gary Kirkpatrick said outside the home.
Kirkpatrick identified the dead as the man's wife, their two daughters, her father and a woman in her 20s. Kirkpatrick wasn't sure of the relationship between the two women. He said a woman who was wounded appeared to be a sister.