- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Man escapes from Dunklin County jail
KENNETT, Mo. -- A 35-year-old Poplar Bluff, Mo., area man escaped from custody at the Dunklin County Jail Saturday afternoon.
Milton Roy Taylor, described by authorities as being a black male, six feet tall and 150 pounds, escaped from the jail's recreation yard during the time inmates were allowed outside.
Taylor was held at the Dunklin Couty Jail on a drug trafficking charge and was out on bond from Pulaski County, Ill., on a murder charge.