- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Three hurt in Sunday accident
A one-vehicle accident in Scott County early Sunday morning resulted in injuries for both the driver and his two passengers.
Jeremy Penny, 22, of Cape Girardeau was eastbound in a 2000 Pontiac on U.S. 61 and Route A three miles north of Benton, Mo., when his vehicle ran off the right side of the road and overturned.
Penny was taken to Southeast Missouri Hospital with severe injuries. Passenger Christopher M. Freeman, 20, of Gordonville, Mo., was treated at the scene with moderate injuries.
A third passenger, Douglas A. Gross, 20, also of Gordonville received minor injuries but refused treatment.