- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Kenneth Phillips Jr.
PUXICO, Mo. -- Kenneth "Joey" Phillips Jr., 25, of Puxico died Friday, Aug. 2, 2002, in a drowning at Wappapello Lake.
He was born Dec. 19, 1976, in Oran, Mo., son of Kenneth Joe Phillips Sr. and Kimberly June Douglass Phillips. He married Kim Smalley on May 18, 2002.
He was a concrete finisher for R.K. Curtis Construction Co. in Sikeston, Mo., before becoming disabled in a motorcycle accident.
Survivors include his wife; his father of Dexter, Mo.; his mother and stepfather, Kim Phillips and Steve Burton of Morley, Mo.; two sons, Joey Phillips III and Jacob Phillips, both of Puxico; two half brothers, Billy Phillips of Chaffee, Mo., and Steven Phillips of Morley; a sister, Jessica Phillips of Sikeston ;and a grandmother, Elsie Phillips of Oran.
Friends may call after 5 p.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Denver Glenn officiating. Burial will be in Friend Cemetery in Oran.