- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Thomas H. Stalcup, 79, of Sikeston died Saturday, Aug. 3, 2002, at the Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston.
He was born Feb. 11, 1923, in Jonesboro, Ark., son of Henry J. and Eliza Ellen Griffin Stalcup. He and Laverne Ballentine were married Nov. 15, 1955. She died July 30, 1986.
He was a retired truck driver.
Survivors include a son, Keith Manley of Benton, Ark.; two daughters, Jane Crabb of Maryland and Sheila Riley of Sterling, Va.; six grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a grandson and a brother.
Friends may call from 10 to 11 a.m. Monday at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with burial in Sikeston Memorial Park Cemetery.