- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Paul Stanley Pearce, 86, of Anna died Friday, Aug. 2, 2002, at Illinois Veterans Home in Anna.
He was born Oct. 10, 1915, in Anna, son of William Elijah and Amanda Pyles Pearce. He married Gladys N. Bean, who preceded him in death.
Pearce was a barber in Anna from 1951 until retiring. He was a member of Anna United Methodist Church.
He was a veteran of World War II and served with the 82nd Airborne in the Normandy invasion.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after noon Sunday.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Allen Campbell officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery, with full military honors by VFW Post 3455 of Anna.