- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- The funeral for Helen L. Caraker of Lake Placid, Fla., will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna. The Rev. Dewayne Taylor will officiate. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 6 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Caraker, 78, died Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at her home.
She was born Nov. 28, 1923, in Anna, daughter of John and Mayme Williams Kirkpatrick. She and Curtis M. Caraker were married April 14, 1943. He died Oct. 20, 1995.
Caraker retired as a dietary and mental health technician at the Choate Center. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Cobden, Ill., and life member of VFW Ladies Auxiliary in Anna.
Survivors include a son, Bob Caraker of Anna; two daughters, Donna Sadler of Jonesboro, Ill., Glenda Koeller of Winslow, Ill.; seven grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.