- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ralph Lape Jr.
JACKSON, Mo. -- Ralph Lee Lape Jr., 54, of Jackson died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2002, near Portageville, Mo.
He was born April 13, 1948, at Cape Girardeau, son of the late Ralph and Edna Marie Graser Lape Sr.
Ralph was a retired railroad conductor with the Burlington Northern Railway Co. in Chaffee. He served in the U.S. Air Force.
He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Cape Girardeau and the Southeast Missouri Pool League. He was a referee at the National Pool Tournaments in Las Vegas. Ralph loved fishing, boating and traveling.
Survivors include a daughter, Megan Lape of Cape Girardeau; one brother and sister-in-law, Stephen and Jerrie Lape of St. Louis; one sister and favorite brother-in-law, Diane and Mitch Miller of Cape Girardeau.
Also surviving are three nephews, two nieces and one great-nephew.
Friends may call at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee, Mo., after 5 p.m. Sunday.
Parish prayers will be held at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Charles Prost officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel of Chaffee, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.