- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Florence M. Carr, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Aug. 2, 2002, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born March 14, 1925, at Birds Point, Mo., daughter of Emory E. and Rosa E. Baugh Brown. She married Benjamin F. "Bud" Carr Dec. 24, 1948, in Cairo, Ill. He died March 19, 1988.
Mrs. Carr was of the Catholic belief.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Bart and Karen Carr of Cape Girardeau; a daughter and son-in-law, Susan and Larry Quade of Chaffee, Mo.; a brother, Buddy Brown of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Gladys Sevic, Glenna Taylor and Betty Brown, all of Wyatt, Mo.; four grandchildren, Amy Quade Swain and husband Richie, Rob, Joey and Amanda Carr.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Phil Thompson officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Pallbearers will be Rob Carr, Joey Carr, Gary Adkisson, Corey Adkisson, Ernie Brown and Richie Swain.
Memorials may be made to Southeast Missouri Hospice or American Cancer Society.