- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
COBDEN, Ill. -- Vivian Yates, 95, of Cobden died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2002, at Jonesboro Healthcare Center in Jonesboro, Ill.
She was born Nov. 24, 1906, at Cobden, daughter of William and Lona Nicholson Garner. She and Henry Clay Yates were married May 7, 1932, in Union County, Ill. He died June 13, 1988.
Yates retired as a custodian from Cobden School District. She was a member of Shiloh Baptist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Alice Jackson of Joliet, Ill.; two sons, Dean and Larry Yates of Anna, Ill.; a sister, Ruby Yates of Cobden; a brother, Carl Garner of Anna; eight grandchildren; and 15 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter and three brothers.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. James Holderfield officiating. Burial will be in Cobden Cemetery.