- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Jimmy Miller, 93, of Waterproof, La., died Thursday, Aug. 1, 2002, at Riverland Medical Center in Ferriday, La.
He was born Aug. 21, 1908, in Warren, Ark., son of Jim and Laura Johnson Miller. He and Birtha Johnson were married in February 1930. She died Nov. 5, 2001.
Miller farmed in Mississippi County, and was a landowner and farmer in Ferriday. He was a member of the First Church of God in Ferriday. He was formerly of East Prairie.
Survivors include four sons, Raymond and M.L. Miller of Waterproof, George and Sam Miller of East Prairie; three daughters, Betty Wilson of Jackson, Miss., Mary Carpenter of Brandon, Miss., Patty Vandeven of St. Joseph, La.; a brother, Johnny Miller of Des Arc, Mo.; two sisters, Cleopus Manaker of Oran, Mo., Vashti Arington of East Prairie, 17 grandchildren; several great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons, a brother, and a sister.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 6 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Larry Smith and Rob Kespelher officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.