- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
TAMMS, Ill. -- Margaret Pratt, 84, of Tamms died Wednesday, July 31, 2002, at Ratliff Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 28, 1918, in Tamms, daughter of Henry and Julia Gannon Minton. She and Clovis Pratt were married in 1952. He died July 7, 1977.
Pratt was a 1937 graduate of Tamms High School. She was a postal clerk at Tamms Post Office 39 years. She was a member of Tamms Community Church.
Survivors include a niece, Doris McDaniel of Lake of Egypt, Ill.; two nephews, James Minton of Mt. Vernon, Ill., and Jay Minton of Kansas City, Mo.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms after 11 a.m. Saturday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Buckles officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill.