- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
GORDONVILLE, Mo. -- Jeremy Lee Pender, 20, of Gordonville died Thursday, July 25, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 29, 1982, in Cape Girardeau, son of Gary B. and Tanyea L. Bradshaw Pender.
Jeremy worked at Welker Fencing Co. in Cape Gir-ardeau. He was an avid outdoorsman. When he was 14 years old he was one of the youngest members asked to join the Missouri Wood Carvers Association. He was of the Catholic faith.
Survivors include his mother, Tanyea L. Welker of Cape Girardeau; his father, Gary B. Pender and wife Brenda J. Pender of Jackson, Mo., father, Larry J. Welker and wife Shelly Welker of Gordonville; a brother, Clint B. Sinn of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Jessica Pender and Nichole M. Welker of Cape Girardeau.
Also surviving are maternal grandparents, Joyce Cashman and Larry Miller of Scott City, Mo., Don E. Bradshaw of Warsaw, Mo.; paternal grandparents, Anna M. Pender of North Fort Myers, Fla., Glen J. and Florence Welker of Cape Girardeau; maternal great-grandfather, Arthur J. "Buck" Sexton of Benton, Mo.; paternal great-grandmother, Anna C. Graham of Cape Girardeau; numerous aunts and uncles.
He was preceded in death by his paternal grandfather, Robert H. Pender, in 1983.
Visitation was held at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Sunday. A prayer service was also held Sunday with the Rev. Sam Roethemeyer officiating.
The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. today at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. The Rev. Charles Prost will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to American Cancer Society or Christian Children's Fund.