- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
SCOTT CITY, Mo. -- Melba Parker of Scott City and Verlon Parker of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Sarah Jean Parker, to Ronnie Dale Lewallen. He is the son of Ron and Brenda Lewallen of Holcomb, Mo.
Parker is a 1996 graduate of Scott City High School. She received an associate's degree from Three Rivers Community College, and is enrolled in the respiratory therapy program. She is employed at Drury Lodge.
Lewallen is a 1996 graduate of Holcomb High School, received an associate's degree from Three Rivers College and a bachelor's degree from Southeast Missouri State University. He is baseball coach at North Pemiscot High School.
A Sept. 14 wedding is planned at Christ Church of the Heartland in Cape Girardeau.