- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Valentina Vygodskaia and Alexander Vygodski of Minsk, Belarus, announce the engagement of their daughter, Victoria Alexandrovna Vygodskaia, to Jon Kurka Rust, both of Cape Girardeau. He is the son of Gary and Wendy Rust of Cape Girardeau.
Vygodskaia expects to receive degrees at the end of the year in German language and international business from Southeast Missouri State University, where she was recognized as the Outstanding International Business Student in 2002. She studied at the Minsk State Linguistics University in Minsk; and in The Netherlands and Germany on exchange programs.
Rust holds a master's in business administration degree from Harvard University's School of Business, where he graduated with distinction in 1999. He was a Morehead Scholar at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, graduating Phi Beta Kappa. He attended the Pushkin Institute of Foreign Languages in Moscow, Russia, and the University of Pittsburgh Slavic Institute. He is co-president of Rust Communications.
An Aug. 9 wedding is planned at the St. Jan kerk in Maastricht, The Netherlands.